Friday, January 16, 2009

Commitment

Having just reached a milestone in my personal relationship – five years – it's only fitting that I post on commitment...right? :) Hehe.

Sixteen days of straight yoga has been hard - today I am really excited to join Brigette and the rest of you for Happy Hour Yoga at 5 and the day before I was looking forward to Kim's class -partialy because of the guilt I felt for having binged on homemade chocolate chip cookies while watching Gossip Girl (shame on me, I know) the evening before.

But the day before that? He** to the No I did not want to practice yoga. My hamstrings were mad at me from my Tuesday practice, shoulders tight from sitting at a desk typing all day and I was just plain old tired and worn out from a day at the ole office.

I still practiced though and I felt better after for doing it.

I've often been told to "commit" throughout my life, whether it was when I was a gymnast and my tyrant of a coach would scream to “commit” to a tumbling pass, or my parents breathing down my neck to select a major and stick with it, and now with my career and the need to see the forest through the trees.

Committing to anything is hard because it means there will be times when everything feels good and comes easy, and other parts that are hard to digest. But, when I look back to the aforementioned commitments and the results, I did ok – mainly because I stayed focused and stuck it out. It’s the same in my relationship – we’ve been through some good and bad times, but when we struggled and stayed committed through it, we were much strong after.

I think that is how we will all feel after this bender is done – better and stronger for sticking with it.

Namaste!
Agatha

No comments:

Post a Comment