Friday, January 9, 2009

Everything and nothing

I've been having a hard time pinpointing one inspiring thing. Maybe it's the brown, yucky outside that makes finding a bright spot hard. But that doesn't mean I am completely without inspiration this week. On the contrary, I would say this week I have felt inspired by everything and nothing.

9 days into the bender, finding a little bit of inspiration everyday has kept me going. One day it was simply the girl in front of me who was way better at yoga than I am or ever will be. One time it was the thought of my little dog at home who is always so happy and excited about life. (We should all have such a sunny outlook all the time.) The other day, I was honestly moved by a song playing in class. Artists truly amaze me. It's a gift I do not possess.

Simplistic? Maybe. But in my opinion, everyday does not have to be life altering. Everyday, you don't have to make it your mission to change something. Sometimes, I'm just happy finding inspiration in the sheer fact that I love my husband, my dog, my home, my job and my life. Sadly, not everyone in this world can say that.

My problem is that most of the time I think too much and too hard about things. Having power over my own mind and be able to shut it off..and knowing I can do it...well, sometimes that is just as much a blessing and an inspiration than anything else.

Happy Bending!

No comments:

Post a Comment