Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Passion

Brigette mentioned passion as the new focus for this week, I know nothing has been written by her stating that yet, but I wanted to say some words that popped into my head this morning as the inaugeration is coming to a close.

As many know I started with ashtanga as my regular practice and taught only that style of yoga for many years, but as I was introduced to the alignments surrounding Anusara yoga, and met more and more Anusara teachers and practitioners and saw the unbounding love and energy they hold and extend from themselves to all around them, and discovered on my own from practicing with these alignments the freedom it gave my body to allow the energy to travel through it and how it opened up my heart and mind. I must say that I have a passion for teaching these things as I discover them.

This new direction my teaching has taken has been embraced by most of my students and in their embracing of it it makes me want to teach it even more.

I've slowly, over many years, discovered a passion, not the only one, but one of many in my life and I must say it only grows and grows as I share it more and more and more each day. And the students I encounter in all my classes, but most notably at Southtown Yoga on an almost daily basis inspire me more and more and build this passion in me more and more.

As I over the next couple weeks am dropping my very last ashtanga class which has been holding on by a thread, which happens to be the very first class I ever taught on my own back in 2001 I realize that I was holding onto the past in keeping this class as long as I have, attached to it in some way and now that I am releasing it I see the universe conspiring to give me more and more in the line of this passion. I anticipate even more and more coming my way as I embrace my passion even more, and I look forward to sharing that with you and having you feed it in me and back around again, creating that circle that is life!

Namaste, Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment